Information collection and use
Non- registered users
Information sharing and disclosure
Cotswold Riding for the Disabled will never sell or share your personal information with any third party except:
- as part of any legal proceedings or regulatory investigation, or
Cotswold Riding for the Disabled may share your information with other entities of Riding for the Disabled that act as fundraisers for Riding for the Disabled, sell Riding for the Disabled products or provide Riding for the Disabled information subject to your communication preferences.
We use three different types of cookies to help our websites work well. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we may put on your computer. These cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of the website and this helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to improve our site.
The main categories of cookies that we use are:
1. Cookies that are necessary to run the site
Our sites use some cookies which are essential to keeping the site working and provide the services you need. These include cookies that enable you to:
- stay logged in for an entire visit to the site, or
- add things to a shopping basket and keep them there until you decide to check out.
2. Cookies which help us improve the site – analytics cookies and web beacons
We use analytics cookies:
- to see what website content is popular and how people are using the site as they allow us to track users movement through our websites. This type of information is amalgamated so that we can build up a picture of how the site is performing.
- In addition, when we email you, we may place a tiny tag (also known as ‘tracking pixel’ or ‘web beacon’) on the email we send out. These do not collect any personal information, but they let us know how many people are opening and reading our emails so that we can choose more popular content.
The information we collect using analytics cookies is anonymous and does not involve collecting the name or address of any user. The analytics cookies that we use only operate through our websites so they and the data they collect are not shared with anyone else.
3. Cookies which help us get value for money from advertising
We occasionally use other types of cookies that can track how our advertisements perform. These cookies will help us identify which advertisements resulted in a “click through” to Cotswold Riding for the Disabled website or someone downloading one of our application forms.
A note about Youtube cookies
We may begin to embed our Youtube videos into the website using the ‘Privacy-enhanced’ settings. This uses a cookie if the video is played.
The cookies we specifically use when you visit our site
How you can control the cookies used and placed on your computer
You can control the use and placing of any cookies on your computer through the settings you select on your internet browser. To do this, identify your internet service provider, click on the relevant link below and follow the instructions.
PC or Mac browsers
Cotswold Riding for the Disabled may update this policy at any time. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address you have provided to us or by placing a prominent notice on our website.